No, not 15 minutes of fame. 15 minutes to live.
Now what? I think if it were really true, I wouldn’t cry (like I am now). Although that might all depend on if I’m the only one with 15 minutes to live or if some ridiculous end of days is on the way, and we all know it.
If I were home, I’d find little J, and find my husband, and hug them. A lot. And tell them how much they mean to me.
As much as I love writing, I just don’t think I’d actually spend it writing. Though I do sit here, scheduler and planner that I am, thinking about what I would write or say if I only had 15 minutes left.
1. J and J, I love you to pieces and am so grateful to have been in your lives. J – you encouraged me when no one saw it. Little J – you are a beautiful soul and don’t ever let anyone take that away from you. Do what you love.
2. Mom & Dad, you gave me more than I could ever have hoped for. All the blessings I have had, and the life challenges I’ve seen and overcome are, in many ways, a testament to you as parents.
3. My brothers and sisters – to the whole lot of you – your support in my crazy adventures has meant the world to me. You might not know how much I appreciate each of you. It’s hard with so many of us…but know that you all have been special to me in your own way.
4. My extended family and dear friends – you have touched me – just know it. I’d list out each of the fun times but I only get about 6 more minutes now. I am running through them all in my head.
5. My music friends – thank you for helping me find and share passion. I found new energy in life because of you.
And I’m pretty sure put my arm around my husband, take little J on my lap, and sing to him until the end. Or let him sing to me. Whichever he wants. Because at that point, it wouldn’t be about me anymore.
So it’s not my life story. But it’s life. And maybe it’s ending on a cliche, but I don’t care as long as I get to spend it with J & J. So there.